Pizza Rustica Served with Green Beans

Pizza Rustica Served with Green Beans

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Pizza Rustica

I was happy to see this on our schedule. I like to discover new "meal" recipes. I always love sweets, but my energy and time is limited and healthy meal preparation needs to be priority for me.

This was a different combination with the sweet crust and savory filling. I am not sure it would be a favorite for me, but it offers a nice variety to the meal repertoire. It needs something with a little crunch to balance the textures, so I served it with fresh, lightly steamed green beans.

My girlfriend and I had just taught ourselves how to make ricotta and mozzarella cheeses, so using the very fresh cheese was an added bonus!

I found that after chilling overnight, it served more easily and was just as yummy.

2 comments:

  1. I have read so many bloggers making their own cheeses - I'm jealous. I'll have to look into that. Green beans sound like the perfect accompaniment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sure this was great with the homemade cheese. Homemade ricotta is the best!

    ReplyDelete